Impostor SyndromeAugust 10
Have you ever been scared to contribute to a conversation or publish a blog post because you were worried you weren’t qualified enough? Wondered how you got to the point you’re at in your career because you feel you don’t belong? Or that you’re a fraud? You’re not alone!
In this episode, we discuss how we have experienced impostor syndrome and our personal strategies for combatting it.
0:36 How have we experienced Impostor Syndrome
- Job Interviews (0:48)
- Quitting Computer Science & feeling like you stick out (2:04)
- Speaking for the first time at a conference (7:19)
- Feeling like you’re not qualified to teach something (11:46)
- When people say mean things about you (13:11)
- Running a company as someone young (16:32)
- Getting criticism (17:56)
21:21 Impostor Syndrome as a Business Owner
21:55 Impostor Syndrome pushing us to be better
24:40 Combatting Impostor Syndrome
* Tracking your wins
* Focusing on your personal journey instead of others’
* Being open about it and community w/ others
- Cecilia who just graduated from the full-stack software engineering boot camp at Georgia Tech and landed her first job as a junior software developer.
- Emma - Coding Coach Team is doing incredible things
- Lindsey - Survived 106 heat index for her engagement pics!
- Kelly - Started her own online store!
- Ali - Spoke at CodeLand which was her most difficult talk to date because of how personal it was