Is it actually the Staphylococcus aureus bacteria that makes us sick? 02:58

No. It's actually the toxins that hurt us. More than likely, we are eating Staph all the time. If they're small amounts that aren’t producing a lot of toxin and hasn’t been sitting there at room temperature for a long period of time for the bacteria to grow to produce the toxin, you will not get enough of it to hurt you.


Experience the best
of Smash Notes!

Capture your favorite podcasts, learn from your friends, discuss what you love.

Join Us ->