Venture Stories by Village Global takes you inside the world of venture capital and technology, featuring enlightening interviews with entrepreneurs, investors and tech industry leaders. The podcast is hosted by Village Global partner and co-founder Erik Torenberg and produced by Brett Bolkowy. Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc/podcast for more.
Episodes with Smash Notes
Liron Shapira (@liron), co-founder of Relationship Hero, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- How they are creating a new industry and new a field of study in relationships.
- Why people are becoming more goal-oriented and analytical in...
Sheel Mohnot (@pitdesi), and Greg Miaskiewicz (@miaskiewicz), join Erik on this episode. Sheel is a Network Leader at Village Global, and Greg is CEO and co-founder of Capbase.
- How Capbase can help streamline the workflows...
Erik is joined on this episode, recorded as part of a Big Ideas Clubhouse, by:
- Lyn Alden (@LynAldenContact), founder of Lyn Alden Investment Strategy
- Nic Carter (@nic__carter), partner at Castle Island Ventures
- Brent Johnson of Santiago...
Elliot Shmukler (@eshmu), of Anomalo, joins Ben Casnocha on the podcast to discuss:
- How growth marketing has evolved over the last decade or so since he was an early pioneer of the field at LinkedIn in 2008.
- What people misunderstand about...
Sar Haribhakti (@sarthakgh), program lead for On Deck Fintech, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- How fintech has evolved over time, from PayPal to Stripe to now.
- How fintech is different from other areas in tech.
- The most frontier...
Santiago Suarez (@SantiaSua), co-founder and CEO of ADDI, joins Village Global co-founder and partner Anne Dwane on this episode. They discuss:
- What he wish he knew when he started ADDI.
- Why hustle alone has never made a company successful,...
Anna Gat (@TheAnnaGat), founder of Interintellect, and Anne-Laure Le Cunff (@anthilemoon), founder of Ness Labs, join Erik on this episode to discuss:
- What it’s like putting on virtual events in the COVID era.
- The difference between public...
Josh Clemente (@joshuasforrest), founder of Levels, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- The personal story that led him to start the company.
- The fact that most people in America are metabolically unhealthy and what Levels is doing about...
Owen Willis (@jowenwillis), lead of the On Deck Health Tech Fellowship, and Nikhil Krishnan (@nikillinit) of Out-of-Pocket, join Erik on this episode to discuss:
- How health has evolved from a historical perspective.
- How the environment has...
David Fauchier (@dfauchier), of Nickel Digital Asset Management, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- The philosophy at Nickel Digital and the strategies they’re looking to back.
- A primer on market making.
- His thoughts on the Tether...
Logan Ury (@loganury), Director of Relationship Science at Hinge and author of How To Not Die Alone, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- Why a great relationship is really just a culmination of a series of small decisions, and how to be...
Andrew Barry (@Bazzaruto), program director for On Deck Course Creators, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- The history of online courses and why they’ve exploded in the past few years.
- What the On Deck Course Creators program is and...